Yay! We made it through 2012! Holy crap that was hard at times! But a new year can bring new beginnings. And with that, I’m planning on starting a new tradition of my own: I’m going to be redoing the idea of New Years Resolutions! Everyone knows resolutions get dropped as quickly as they were thought up. Instead, I’m setting goals. Each month, I’m going to set down goals for that month. Some large, some small, and some may even repeat every month. If I don’t get to one, its not the end of the world – it can just carryover into the next month. The hope with this is that by setting goals, I will be able to mark them off (since I do better with a checklist any day!), and see actual progress. (Who doesn’t like scratching off to-do items?!?) Many of these goals are long term, just broken down. Others are there to help me set routines in place, since most routines take between 21-30 days to become habits.
Anyway – here it goes!
January 2013 Goals:
- blog about my goals (this keeps me on track, and I can provide any tips or tricks I find helpful)
- loose 8-10 pounds (2lbs a week hopefully!)
- exercise every Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- set up my new sewing machine (that I got for Christmas)
- (sub goal – make that blanket for my son that I’ve been meaning to)
- Eat at least 1 fruit and 1 vegetable serving daily (keep in mind, I am used to not being able to eat any, but with the new medications I’m on, I should be able to start incorporating them again)
- set up a daily beauty routine and stick to it
- clean my kitchen every night before bed
- do laundry on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
- create & stick to a meal plan for the month
- start prepping dinners during naptime
- drink more water and less soda
- start getting my house better organized and decluttered – starting with my desk!
Those may seem like a lot, but most are small and daily things that need to be done. I hope that this helps me get my daily life better under control. I can think of about a million others I want to add, which I may very well do once some of the smaller ones get completed off the list. I’ll keep you updated :D